Back to Index
Canon Debuts Two New PIXMA 'All-in-One' Printers That Merge the Home-Office with the Digital Darkroom; PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One Offers a Two-Sided Copy/Scan Automatic Document Feeder2/21/2006
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y.--Feb. 21, 2006--
Wireless Enabled PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One Delivers High Levels of Productivity And Photo Fun
Canon expands its award-winning PIXMA All-In-One (AIO) lineup with two new multi-function printers, the PIXMA MP800R, and the PIXMA MP830 models. The new multifunction units eliminate the barriers between needed home office hardware and the desire for a personal photo lab on your desktop.
Uncomplicated, uncluttered, and uncompromising, the PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One and the wireless PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One printer systems can save time, space, and money. These sleek, new multi-function units enhance productivity, maximize home office space, and add a dash of photo fun to the workflow. With the network capable MP800R model, users can create long-lasting, photo lab quality prints from digital cameras or even film and slides using the unit's top-tier scanning capabilities, all without stringing countless component cable connections across a desk or around a room. With the MP830 model, consumers can print high impact black and white documents at speeds of up to 30 pages-per-minute (ppm) and up to 24ppm for color documents;(1) or copy and fax documents in color or black and white, all while printing beautiful edge-to-edge photos that look and feel like traditional film photos.
"With home-office environments proliferating and digital photography's popularity increasing by leaps and bounds, Canon has created a new generation of multi-function printers that can produce both the picture and the proverbial thousand words - without sacrificing the quality or efficiency of either," stated Yukiaki Hashimoto, senior vice president and general manager of the consumer imaging group at Canon U.S.A., Inc. "These PIXMA All-In-One units are the natural next steps in Canon's imaging-excellence evolution."
On the photo front, both the PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One and the wireless PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One offer Canon's five-color ContrastPLUS ink system with a resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi.(2) Employing Canon's economical individual ink tank system, ChromaLife100 long-lasting system and the PIXMA FINE print head technology with 3,584 nozzles ejecting ink droplets as small as one-picoliter, these two All-In-One units can produce photographs that rival those made by photo labs.
Adding to their photo efficiency, both models can print photo-lab-quality borderless 4 x 6-inch photos in approximately 36 seconds(1) (using the default setting of the printer driver). Both models allow direct photo printing from select memory cards(3) and PictBridge ready devices, while also utilizing dual CCD scanners that allow for high-quality, high-speed scans. The MP800R model even supports IrDA wireless printing(4) as a standard from devices such as mobile phones and PDAs. Printing from select Bluetooth devices(5) is also possible with the MP800R AIO (with an optional adapter).
The PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One
Incorporated into the sleek design of the PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One is a printer, copier, scanner, and fax capable of creating long-lasting photographs as well as color and black and white documents. It is a next generation All-In-One device designed for desktops, but with business in mind.
Calling upon its award-winning copier-manufacturing heritage, Canon's new MP830 AIO is a productivity powerhouse with exceptional speed and efficiency. The MP830 unit provides users with an automatic document feeder (ADF) that can copy or scan both sides of a document automatically. The Auto Duplexing feature permits two-sided copying/scanning, without the need to manually turn over pages and re-feed the document. Customers are able to print two-sided documents automatically as well. What's more, the ADF is capable of handling up to 35 sheets of letter-sized paper for copying, scanning, or faxing. For large volume print jobs, the PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One features a two way paper feed with a capacity of up to 300 sheets of letter-sized paper. On-unit control options include an Auto Exposure Copy function that can alter the density and contrast of a document, an improved PDF creation function (compared to previous software versions) when the unit is in scanning mode and a "push scan" option that makes it easy to send an image to a computer as a file or an email attachment.
When used as a document printer the PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One shifts into overdrive, generating vibrant black and white documents at a rate of up to 30(1) ppm and brilliant color documents at up to 24(1) ppm. In copy mode, the PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One tops out at up to 29(1) copies(1)-per-minute (cpm) (monochrome) and up to 24(1)-color cpm. Canon even designed the unit's color Super G3 fax(6) with speed, and ease of use in mind. It includes features that allow users to receive up to 250 incoming pages; one-touch speed dialing (eight numbers) and a coded speed dial function that can store up to 100 locations.
The PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One
The PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One helps to deliver the efficiency and peace of mind required by any home or office that has welcomed the wireless revolution. The MP800R unit is ideally suited for customers who wish to print over their wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi IEEE802.11b/g) networks(7). Utilizing WPA - the latest wireless security technology that helps make users wireless printing more secure - the PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One easily generates high quality photos and documents, scans documents at up to 2400 x 4800 dpi, and can share data over multiple PCs.
PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One users can also adjust scanner settings and check the machine status remotely. The printer fulfils prints jobs in the order it receives them, so a networked family can use the machine at the same time from different computers and different areas of the house.
Among the unit's high-function photo features are the quick and easy one-touch photo reprint button, a scanner platen capable of accommodating two 4 x 6-inch photos at once and a built-in 35mm positive or negative film scanner capable of capturing up to six 35mm negatives/positives, or four mounted slides. The scanner is so advanced it automatically adjusts the alignment of the images by up to ten degrees to straighten images.
Users can also take advantage of the PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One's automatic image editing features. Providing functions as basic and essential as cropping and trimming, the unit also helps brighten faces, correct backlit situations, and reduce image grain. Users can also renew treasured old photos with functions that reduce dust, scratches and help correct fading.
What's more, users can correct red eye, adjust color, and apply creative photo effects when printing directly from one of the unit's memory card slots. Even prints taken from low-resolution camera phone images can have their typically jagged appearance improved by employing the unit's on-board Image Optimizer technology.
In stores beginning in mid-March, the new PIXMA MP830 Office All-In-One and the new networking PIXMA MP800R Photo All-In-One carry an estimated selling price of $299.99(8) and $399.99(8), respectively.
Canon will debut the PIXMA MP830 and MP800R All-in-One devices in its booth (#3509) during the Photo Marketing Association (PMA) exhibit in Orlando, Fla., from February 26th - March 1st, 2006.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. delivers consumer, business-to-business, and industrial imaging solutions. The Company is listed as one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies in America and is rated #35 on the BusinessWeek list of "Top 100 Brands." Its parent company Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ) is a top patent holder of technology, ranking second overall in the U.S. in 2005, with global revenues of $31.8 billion. For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
(1) PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode. Photo print speed is based on the default mode driver setting using Canon Photo Paper plus Glossy paper. Print speed will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage; type of paper used and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. CPM copy speeds are based on fast-mode setting using plain paper. Copy speeds may vary based on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage and number of copies.
(2) Resolutions may vary based on printer driver settings. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
(3) Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash, Microdrive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card and Multimedia card. xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Duo Pro and MiniSD cards require an additional adaptor, which must be purchased separately.
(4) JPEG Files 3MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone or PDA with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocols, with phone or PDA positioned no more than 7.9-inches from the printer.
(5) Bluetooth version 1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
(6) The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
(7) Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients. JPEG Files 3MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone or PDA with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocols, with phone or PDA positioned no more than 7.9-inches from the printer.
(8) Pricing subject to change at any time. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.