Next-Generation FlexiCapture Technology with Auto-Learning Ensures Quick Deployment and Ease-of-Use while Preserving Outstanding Accuracy of Data Capture
MILPITAS, CA.-- ABBYY, a leading provider of document recognition, document capture, and linguistic technologies and services, announced the availability of ABBYY FlexiCapture 10, the next generation of its data and document capture system. With the new release, ABBYY offers one of the most comprehensive data capture solutions, serving a broad range of user scenarios from desktop to enterprise level and delivering template-based form processing and intelligent document recognition in a single product. New FlexiCapture technology with auto-learning helps companies "start smart," significantly reducing an organization's time to results, yet delivering outstanding accuracy in locating and recognizing data fields in documents of any complexity. The system also extends its industry-leading feature set for the enterprise with enhanced processing power and maximum fault tolerance. In addition, it delivers new intelligent tools for remote operations, as well as customization features for easier integration with business processes and applications.
Addressing document processing problems common among large organisations, ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 provides intelligent technologies for streamlining the process of extracting key data from a variety of documents including machine-readable forms, semi-structured and unstructured documents. It offers a full range of functionality for document scanning, classification, indexing and data extraction, enabling the solution to meet needs specific to each individual organisation. A powerful all-in-one solution, ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 scales from a standalone application to a distributed system. It is designed to locate key data fields on complex document layouts so that it can process multiple types of documents in a single stream, eliminating the need for multiple systems to process different kinds of document types.
"FlexiCapture has evolved with the needs of the market, becoming more and more self-sufficient and capable of performing the majority of tasks automatically and simplifying various stages of the document management process in organizations," said Aram Pakhchanian, director of Data Capture Products department at ABBYY. "FlexiCapture 10's product advancements were developed to save organizations time, streamline data processing and communication, and reduce implementation costs, ultimately improving the user experience for both customers and integrators"
ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 comes with a broad range of solution enhancements and new features:
Starting Smart: New FlexiCapture Technology with Auto-learning
New FlexiCapture technology helps to significantly speed up project implementation. FlexiCapture's new auto-learning functions simplify the creation of flexible descriptions (FlexiLayouts) which serve as templates for processing semi-structured and unstructured documents. Users can generate FlexiLayouts automatically by simply pointing on data fields in several images of each document type.
While being easy to work with, FlexiCapture technology allows users to fine-tune data capture logic. Unlike typical systems with auto-learning, ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 provides administrators with direct access to, and complete control over, generated document descriptions. That helps to manually change those descriptions if necessary and achieve the best possible accuracy in locating and recognizing data fields on a document.
By using as few as 3-5 sample images of each document type, the system can be trained for automated classification of documents in a stream. The result is less time and effort typically spent on manual description of classification rules.
Attuned to Business Processes: Tighter Integration through Customization
ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 supports easier and closer integration into existing business processes with new functions such as:
- Custom routing rules for each document type — Standard workflows can be customized according to particular requirements and adjusted for a variety of user scenarios — for example, additional processing modules such as import, image pre- processing, custom verification module, external recognition engines, etc. can be easily integrated.
- Customizable Verification Station — Scripting tools enable customization of the user interface for the document verification process. Administrators can modify menus and toolbars, add new controls or adjust the station response to certain documents. This feature is ideal for projects that require use of special tools or must meet special regulations.
Enterprise-level Scalability and Fault Tolerance
ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 also includes enhancements for deploying enterprise-scale projects with distributed processing across multiple CPU cores simultaneously (the system reliably scales to hundred CPU cores). ABBYY FlexiCapture 10's fault-tolerant architecture with added Microsoft® Cluster Server support allows server-based components to be installed on high-availability cluster nodes to ensure consistent system operation, eliminate bottlenecks and prevent data loss in case of a system failure.
Remote Operations and Distributed Processing across the Enterprise
ABBYY FlexiCapture 10 meets the requirements of a multinational working environment by providing powerful tools for remote operations and processing features which help enterprises to fulfill their data and document capture tasks more efficiently.
- Web-based Data Verification — An intuitive Web-based interface for data verification that doesn't require installation and is accessible anytime, anywhere. To start verification processes, an operator needs only to follow the specified link and log in.
- Simple Remote Scanning — Completely automated installation of Scanning Stations via a single click on a remote link. On-demand scanning can be performed remotely from any location. The scanning profiles can be managed locally by the scanning operator or enforced centrally from the server.
- Email-based Data Capture — The system captures data directly from images sent as email attachments, thanks to integration with the new Microsoft Exchange Server and POP3 mail server.
Nuance Appoints Bill Nelson As Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Dokmee 3.0 Delivers an Innovative Document Storage, Management and Retrieval Solution
Clearwave Corporation Utilizes Medicscan OCR Technology to Improve Revenue